I want to present you with a fabulous opportunity to apply for the National Hispana Leadership Institute’s (NHLI) Latinas Learning to Lead program (LLL). It is the ultimate in Latina fierceness! Here is what the program consists of:
- Attending 5-day leadership training in Washington, D.C. (June 17–22, 2012)
- Attending an virtual webinar training on professional skill building
- Participating in NHLI’s CyberMadrina online mentoring program and pairing with an NHLI alumna.
- Implementing a leadership project that emphasizes driving safety in their communities that impacts at least 22 Latinas.
- Joining a nationwide network of Latina women
You will be trained in the following skills:
“effective communication and presentation skills, advocacy training, public policy issues affecting the Latino community, and other professional and leadership development topics, such as a Clifton StrengthsFinder session at Gallup University, financial literacy, and a technology component.”
This experience will not only allow access to national networks and provide you with a mentor, but you will also hone your leadership skills which will make you stand out in the job hunt. Best of all, the people you meet, the projects you create, and the lessons you learn will make you a force to be reckoned with!
I know you want to learn more. Read the information below for details.
Application is due Wednesday, April 11th, 2012!
- Be currently enrolled in an undergraduate program and not graduating before December 2012.
- A minimum of 30 semester college credits/hours by May 2012.
- A minimum GPA of 2.5 on a 4.0 scale.
- Be 18-24 years of age.
- Demonstrate strong leadership as indicated by on campus and community volunteer and civic engagement.
- Have a strong commitment to Latina/o issues
- Be able to commit to the entirety of the program, including: attendance at all training sessions from June 17-22,2012; mentoring component; & completion of a leadership project by the end of the fall semester/quarter.
- Have a United States government issued photo id for travel.
With the support of our generous sponsors, NHLI covers round trip airline travel, room and board, training costs and all classroom materials necessary for the program for all participants. Students are responsible for covering their own medical and travel insurance, and any incidental expenses.
The 2012 Application deadline is Wednesday, April 11th, 2012. Please have all application materials, including recommendation letters, submitted by or on that date. Candidates will be notified whether they have been accepted by early May.
|Wednesday, April 11, 2012||Application Deadline|
|Early May||Application Notifications|
|Mid May||Deadline to Accept|
|June 17–22, 2012||Leadership Training in Washington, DC|
|June 22 and beyond||Participate in Mentorship Programs|
|August–November, 2012||Webinar Training|
|June 2012–2012 Fall semester/quarter||Leadership Projects Implemented in Communities|
Do you qualify? Of course you do! You are an Educated Latina! Click here for the Online Application & Instructions.