In the winter, all skin types tend to dry up and become pale. Even if you live in a warmer climate or colder climate, these skin issues still happen. Cold wind, rain or wind can cause dryness. Here are 5 ways to beat the winter blues.
1. You must exfoliate at least once a week. It’s common to forget to exfoliate because of busy schedules, but it’s one of the most important skin regimens. It not only allows luminous skin to show but also removes dead skin and can prevent blemishes. A great product is Zensation’s Ultra Silky Rose Exfoliating Cream. It’s rough and gentle, and using Rose petals to help exfoliate. Zensation products can be purchased online at Amazon or Zensation online.
2. Daily washing and moisturizing is needed. Washing your face twice a day can help add radiance to the skinin cold or windy temperature. Moisturizing right after is a necessity. This keeps the skin soft and removes dry spots. Getting a moisturizer with tint is great to beat the pale and dryness of winter. A great product is Aveeno’s Positively Radiant Tinted Moisturizer. It evens the skins tone and promotes glowing skin. This product can be found at Aveeno online by clicking link.
3. The perfect foundation for your skin tone. Personally, I think using a liquid foundation in the colder temperature is better than powder because it fades out dry skin. It’s also easy to combine it with a face lotion. L’Oreal’s true match liquid foundation is great for covering dry patches and uneven skin caused by winter. Bodyography’s Liquid Radiance in Gold Coast is great to mix in with the liquid foundation. It allows the foundation to go on smooth and flawlessly, and adds a natural glow and dewiness to the skin, which is lost in the winter. Products can be found at any Drugstore or Sephora.
4. Blush! During the winter days, skin becomes pale. To promote a blushing perfect face one must find a perfect shade for winter. During the summer, it’s great to have bronzer as blush, but during the winter that should be placed aside and switched with a pinker/rosier tint. Covergirl’s Cheekers in natural rose fits all skin colors. Using a brush, you sweep lightly above the apple of your cheeks this will highlight your face and glow. Product can be found at any drugstore or online by clicking link.
5. Last but not least, water. Drink at least 8 glasses of water a day, this will naturally allow rosy cheeks and radiance onto your skin.