My Guidance Counselor Discouraged Me but I Succeeded Anyway.
I like to think that I don’t have any..Continue Reading
Toward the end of 2012, I found myself in the School of Hard Knocks. I’m not sure what was in the air, but all at once, I was on a 9 period schedule. The lessons were brutal but duly noted.
These were some of the lessons that I knew, but that finally sunk into my brain:
– Do the opposite of what you feel. Usually, it’s what you should be doing anyway.
– Your mind is the epicenter of your entire life. Combat negative, self-defeating thoughts with scriptures or affirmations.
– Praise God in the hallway.
– Over stimulation shuts out your inner voice.
– Knowing too much information does no one any good if it has no where to be expressed.
– Apply what you know before you seek out more information.
– Plan for a rainy day.
– Be proactive in life. You can’t control everything but you should be ahead of what you can control.
– Watch what you say. It will come back to bite you. Last year was the year of eating my words. Not a fun class, but lesson learned.
– Put God first in all things; especially finances-tithe!
– Embrace your true self.
– Concentrate on your strengths.
– Be a gatekeeper of your most precious resource: time.
– Plan you day and make it happen.
I like to think that when things get tough that God is getting me ready for the next level. I am grateful for lessons.